Invitation to join the Positive Organizational Leadership Project
TO: Positive Psychology practitioners/ leaders/ consultants
FR: Doug Gray, email@example.com
RE: The Positive Organizational Leadership Project (POLP)
Invite practitioners/ leaders/ consultants to share digital stories of HOW they are applying Positive Psychology individually and organizationally.
- Leaders practice leadership. We can all be better leaders.
- We can leverage technology and our communities.
- Relationships matter. When we model relationships that matter, then we increase awareness and learning.
After attending the International Positive Psychology Association conference in Montreal, Canada, in July, 2017 one theme stood clear. Marketing and branding for practitioners using positive psychology is NOT well defined. Market confusion abounds. This Positive Organizational Leadership Project emerged as one initiative to help practitioners share HOW they serve clients in our global marketplace. Join us?
(a) share this invitation broadly, (b) schedule a 30-minute session with Doug Gray here or at http://www.action-learning.com/ (c) receive Time Trade confirmation with calendar link (d) encourage participants to write responses to the 5-7 questions below and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org 24 hours prior to our scheduled call so that we can each be well prepared, (e) download https://zoom.us/ software and familiarize yourself with software on YouTube, (f) at the scheduled time, record 5-10 minutes of video session using https://zoom.us/j/3432485703 (g) send MP4 recording to practitioners for their distribution, (h) post on https://www.youtube.com/user/dgrayful/videos channel with invitation to be included in the project.
- Self-introduction: Who are you, what do you do, where are you located, do you have a website or invitation to share with others?
- Self- awareness: If you have taken the assessment at https://www.viacharacter.org/www/, what are your top 5 signature strengths? How would you describe yourself, at your best, using those top 5 signature strengths? (FYI, my top signature strengths are creativity, hope, perspective, honesty, zest.)
- Definition: One common definition of positive psychology is the science and practicing of flourishing or thriving… how do you typically define positive psychology?
- What attracts you to the science or practice of positive psychology?
- Clients: Who do you typically serve in your PP consulting work? Please share 2-3 examples/ case studies/ successful interventions or client experiences.
- Trends: What trends or market opportunities do you see in the future for positive psychology consulting?
- Referrals: Who else can you refer me to who (a) is a Positive Psychology consultant and (b) might be willing to be interviewed in this project?
How can you help? Share this invitation broadly. Thank you in advance for your participation.