Too many “sales experts” have fuzzy theory and fuzzy results.
Here is a template that I have developed over time. It works great. Steal this template. Call me for details if needed.
- Accountability is a hard task. Most people hate it. Most salespeople really hate it. Most software, like Salesforce or Act or the latest app, is a pain to use. You can use this excel spreadsheet, or a pad of paper. Start now.
- Accountability determines success. The three top words in sales are “relationships, relationships, relationships.” Use the attached format to build relationships, be strategic, provide value. Or not.
- These 4 roles determine sales: champions, economic buyer, technical users, consumers. You need all 4. Complex sales evolve. They only succeed when you focus on all 4 roles.
- All successful sales people have accountability metrics and teams. Do you?
Call me at 704.895.6479 or contact us or subscribe today.
Open your eyes! How much time do you spend with millenials? Not only do millenials consume the most products, they also expect results. They are 50% of the workforce in 2018.
To ignore millenials is to commit some form of suicide.
Here are 6 steps for you and your company:
1. Mobile web-based experiences are a $10 billion dollar industry, with over 7 billion phones. We now have nearly 4x more mobile browsers than the number of desk-based browsers. Follow the numbers. Follow the money.
2. We can provide emotionally-provocative experiences that combine digital and physical activities. Here are several examples. When you go to the zoo you can now rent a GoPro or Segway to make your experience unique. When you go to a park you can use your mobile device to geocache. You can have a “Yelp Night” and move from restaurant to bar in any unfamiliar city. When you go to a conference you can tweet about and score the presenters, in real time. However, at most amusement parks and concerts we are not doing anything about the visitors who are standing in a line (bored) or tweeting or Face-booking their friends to “stay away” from your business or event. As a more costly example, we are not doing anything about low compliance with incentive reward programs. In fact, industrial organizational researchers tell us that some 35% of the US workforce is not engaged in their jobs. We sorely lack emotionally-provocative experiences that combine digital and physical activities.
3. In response to these market needs, I have developed a mobile web-based app that can guarantee engagement for any clients. This app enables clients to have a pre-visit and post-visit experience that integrates their event with any content. The event becomes a process. For instance, if a client wants to assign pre-visit training or reading content, the app can assess their engagement. Using a leader board and social media, they can increase accountability. They can market and promote the company. They can include video and photo uploads. They can earn points by doing more activities. They can return to the venue. The app can be delivered in hours, under any name. And it can be scaled for any sized organization.
4. Large corporate clients expect global delivery capacity. Every successful Free Agent has a network of alliance partners. The myth of the solo-preneur as a lone wolf is dead. For instance, the largest provider of leadership development coaches is www.coachsource.com, founded by Brian Underhill and Marshall Goldsmith. Marshall is described as the #1 leadership consultant in the U.S., according to Harvard Business Review. I am the southeast engagement manager, and represent 1,200 leadership coaches in 60 countries. We can provide expert leadership coaching to any clients. A bold claim, but a well validated claim. We can deliver the value of global leadership coaching to your current clients. And we can design programs that include a cycle of regular visits to any location with reinforcements from the very best leadership coaches. Those individual and group agendas typically yield a 500% ROI.
Digital and Global solutions not only satisfy millenials. They lead to results. They are required solutions.
If you are a solo-preneur, develop strong alliance with the smartest partners that you can find. Today.
If you are a business leader, call Doug at 615.236.9845 If I cannot help you I will find someone who can. Today.
WTF stands for “what the f____” It’s a swear word. You should know that.
I swear by this: WTF stands for “What’s The Focus?”
When you FOCUS on providing great value to people, then you will do so.
When you focus on cheating people, then you will do so.
WTF Coaching is a process of intentionally focusing on positive outcomes in your professional and personal life.
We ALL need WTF coaching at times.
No one is successful when they are alone. Teams are successful. The myth of the solo-preneur is dead. Every successful client and alliance partner that I know of has a tremendous support team providing sales, marketing, delivery, assessments, etc.
Throughout history, our WTF Coaches have helped us become successful. They help us keep our focus.
I currently work with 2 peer WTF Coaches, because I need more help than many 🙂
So, who is your WTF Coach?
Financial professionals, like most people, need a coach at times. They are usually working by themselves, or in small teams. Their success is a direct result of how often they call on clients and prospects. The very best provide tremendous customer service. And they all need to stay optimistic, upbeat, and focused on others. This article in Investment Advisor magazine, November 2008, features Doug Gray, PCC, and mentions the value of business coaching.