by Doug Gray | Jun 11, 2010 | Coaching, Personal Development, Success
We all make choices, some 30,000 choices every waking hour.
How are you choosing to respond?
Consider the realities: our world is a hostile place with unemployment, terrorists, the Iraq war, Afghanistan war, Iran/Israel conflict, earthquakes, volcanoes, oil spills, stock market crashes, lack of personal savings as 401Ks become 201Ks, obesity, heart disease, cancer, expensive health insurance, home mortgages turned upside down, the rising U.S. national debt… add your examples. We are living in turbulent times.
So what do you do?
by Doug Gray | Jun 7, 2010 | Business, Coaching, Meetings
What are the odds that:
- The prospect you just called and left a message for at his work number is there at the airport when you are?
- That you each look up and see each other?
- That you are flying at about the same time from the same terminal and have enough time for a beer and dinner?
- That you chat for over an hour about careers, consulting, family, business opportunities together? In a breathless, gushing exchange of optimism.
- That his direct report replied earlier in the day saying “we are not moving forward because we have selected another consultant” and he says “the meetings this afternoon did not go well and we are not sure how to proceed”? Those doors remain open…
- That he misses his flight and you have to say, “I am so sad…”
Some Hollywood script? No, a true snapshot of last week’s chance meeting with a good friend and a great prospect. Life beckons, and we either dance or not. We had a great dinner. He missed his flight. There are always consequences. He was able to spend another night at home with his young family, and still make his meetings the next day in Dallas. And they upgraded his ticket to first class.